Sunday, February 19, 2006

Carnivale of the Couture VII

http://http://iamfashion.blogspot.com/2006/02/carnivale-of-couture-vii-topic.html
Suprise darling! You have just won the lottery! How will you, the super fabulous fashionable blogger, spend your US$10m winnings? Tell us all about your money-spending plan!

Oi, what a demand! This question practically begs me to live vicariously through this blessed newfound $10M US, now doesn't it! But as a cold, calculated and heartless bitch, I might as rain on all of the fun that Carnivale Couture provides and inject some (not a whole lot) sensibility into the concept. First things first, the money is gonna take at trip through a currency converter and comes out at a little under $15M Canadian loonies. Second things first, I'm giving my mom $3M, so she'll give up her little sewing business to become my full-time design creator. Shall I explain this rationally pour vous? My mom was the pattern maker at Club Monaco's Toronto headquarters during their Eighties heyday. Then silly mumsy went and got pregnant with me so she decided to forsake her cosmopolitan metropolitan lifestyle in the big city to raise me in the sheltered country environment where she too grew up. Soon after, Club Monaco sold out to Ralph Lauren. Coincidence? I think not...
-Anyhow, the next sensible gamble I'll take will be to open up my own fabbity thrift store. No way, it's not your run-of-the-mill sift thrift charity store that you spend the whole day in to find absolutely nothing. You see, I'll employ my bloodhound's senses for sniffing out fashionable deals and resell them all for a higher price at my store. Of course it's been done before, and many times at that, but hey, this is my fucking money, I can do what I want with it. Now, of course this line of work forces me to scour the globe for thrifty finds, so I might as well put some money away in a fund exclusively for plane tickets.
-The sensible stuff is now over and done with, and now through the currency converter I've got around $6.5 million US left. Let's get this shit bananas. 3 mill each goes to Vivienne Westwood and Marc Jacobs respectively, for first dibs on my favourite pieces from all of their seasonal collections from now until my milk card expires. (Milk card = my life, by the way) Maybe if I befriend the lovely Vivi enough, she'll bequeath to me all of the punk clothing the produced in the 1970's. After all she is getting on the geriatric side...
-You know what that means? It means that I've got half a million dollars left, and you know who that gets divided between? The first ten people to comment on my fucking blog! I like gratification. Feed my ego, please! Leave me with the first flattering adjective that implants itself in your brain when you read it, for Gandhi's sakes. Thats right, money for the first ten people to comment on any post in this blog. Get typing, folks.

3 comments:

Dinah said...

Giving money to your mom to help her jump start her business is clearly the nicest thing to do!! Kudos to you :).

Lukas said...

Pah. I wish I could get 50 000$ this earily.

Emily said...

It's really cool how that you won the money and what you're doing with it is nice. I love reading your blog because I love what you wear and you're really funny.