Saturday, February 25, 2006

Limerick Queen.

A couple weeks ago I just couldn't get to sleep, so instead of forcing myself into restless slumber, I humoured my temporary insomnia and...wrote limericks about a man from Peru and his family. I figured I'd post a few here.

There was an old man from Peru
His wife was the size of Shamu
One blow to the head and his face filled with dread.
Now his body's dead-
all black and blue.

The lovely old man from Peru
Had a son to meet and a wife too.
He never got there, he collapsed on his chair
and now he can't make pot-luck stew.

The man from Peru had a wife.
She was filled with much weakness and strife.
Some say she was dumb,
'cause she cut of her thumb
while preparing their meal with a scythe.

Okay, that's all folks. Pretty silly, eh? In an unrelated story, the necklace I ordered off Ebay arrived! Yes, it is Vivienne Westwood and yes, it is shaped like a penis.

2 comments:

Imogen Spektor said...

Hey, I love your blog! Pretty great. How did you get started? I need some help. Anyhow, I was just wondering if you could check mine out sometime and maybe give me some feedback or mention my blog in one of your posts as a new beginner?
Thanks!

Lauren Perry said...

This is the greatest thing I have ever seen. I love your blog so much I'm browsing the archives.