Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Soundtrack


Contrary to popular belief, music has a lot in common with fashion. Lest we forget the late 1970's where the Sex Pistols skyrocketed Viviene Westwood and Malcolm McLaren to fame simply by wearing their designs? Then we have the Bromley Contingent, first existing fans of the Sex Pistols who were famous simply for looking cool. That is amazing! No one seems to become famous just for looking cool nowadays. There always has to be some misnomer of "actor/musician" attatched to every celebrity fashionista these days. Maybe Paris Hilton is famous for looking cool, but the sad truth is that Paris Hilton doesn't even look that cool. So maybe she's an "heiress", but that's not even a comical misnomer! I can't laugh at her for being rich. I can only laugh at her for being the massive bimbo she is. Because Paris Hilton is a massive bimbo. I would know. She tore my heart in two (on Valentines Day nonetheless) and now I have no choice but to insult her online. Anyhow, after a lovely tangent I think it's best to get back to the point. Here is the soundtrack of my favourite songs that I would most likely put on a movie encompassing by life. What do you think that says about me?
*Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle by Nirvana
*Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
*Disposable Teens by Marilyn Manson
*Anesthesia by Bad Religion
*Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel
*Submission by the Sex Pistols
*Train in Vain by the Clash
*Deceptacon by Le Tigre
*Dogma by KMFDM
*Army Dreamers by Kate Bush
*Horses by Patti Smith
*Stand and Deliver by Adam and the Ants

What do you think of that? A life encompassed within twelve simple tracks. Songs that fucking rock.

4 comments:

alanna said...

my sister's art teacher was in adam and the ants! (sorry, i'm looking back to see how you started out, as i am just a rookie blogger!)

Christy said...

Same as Alanna, I was just looking back to see how you started (I swear, the hardest part about starting a blog is making the first post...) and saw it and thought, "wow, she's got great music- HOLY WAFFLES, ADAM AND THE ANTS!!!" Yeah... I'm a goody-two shoes. :D

velvet satellite said...

I completely agree with you music and fashion do have a lot in common. I just started a blog 2 days ago... http://velvetsatellite.blogspot.com/
It's about how I use music ,films and t.v. as my fashion inspiration.

Same as your other comments, I'm just a beginner and I was curious to see how you got started... really like your post and your soundtrack... Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd is one of my all time favorites!

Ly* said...

Just found out about your blog. Was looking for something hipster online to convince my bf he's a hipster and I ended up amazed by your blog and saved the address for myself, d:. Well, I actually went all the way backwards to start reading it from the beginning. That's how much I've liked it. <3