Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Entering the Twilight Zone


There's this stereotypical goth girl who goes to my school; spikes, chains, black galore and I simply feel the need to report that she came to school today wearing bright red medical pants and a mens' rainbow coloured button down. Obviously she did it for the shock value, and I have to say it is a rather horrifying sight. I know everyone is going to notice but she's so darned hostile that I doubt anyone has the nerve to mention it. She's probably eat them alive and regurgitate their spine. Because regurgitation is what colour-confused goth chicks do best.

This kind of prompts me to think about Hot Topic. Even though I've never been to one in my life, nor have I ever seen one in Canada - I bet this girl would love to go there. Even though, to quote Matt Skiba, "prepackaged nonconformity" does bother me, I think Hot Topic gets a bad rap. It wouldn't be half as bad if 13 year olds hadn't ruined it by wearing their Hot Topic Ramones shirts. I don't mind a lot of the band shirts and creepy cartoon character things they sell there. In fact, I love cartoon characters even though I have a hard time pulling that kind of thing off. Anyways, all I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't indicriminately hate the place because it sells indicriminately to little posers. It's actually the little posers you should hate indiscriminately.

3 comments:

Leith said...

yeah, hot topic's actually quite cool.
They sell old snoop dog albums. ON VINYL!!

flowerchild said...

'prepackaged nonconformity'...yeah like 'prepackaged exotic-boho-chic'...gah it annoys me too. hot topic sucks. as do little posers. i found this link from another fashion blog. props to you.

spyder_baby999 said...

i can agree with the whole hot topic thing....cause i can rememeber a time when it was ok..and now its just emo kids with expired prosciptions for zoloft.....butt as far as the goth chick and her little get up of the day......i say you have no right to be all like "OMG i cant belive shes like wearing that".....id like to see you grow the balls to step out of your little A&F world of crisp clean clothing and jock fucking on prom night and do the thing she did....
little poser or not....she made a statement, if she hadnt you wouldnt be writing this spew up here....fashion is ment to be out landish and fucked up.....look at James St. James if your not too young to know who he is....anyways thats just my view on it....i could be wrong.....you could just be exercising your 1st amendment ....