Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Ideal Man

...For me at least. This post is barely fashion-related but I really felt like posting it on the internet for all to see. Even if it is unlikely that a single guy will see it and say "Hey, that's me!". Don't tell my boyfriend you read this.

I want him to be very attractive. Floppy hair with a heroin-thin body, minus the heroin. Wears beat up dress shoes with casual outfits. His pants aren't too baggy or too tight. Likes the same music that I do, from the Dandy Warhols and Elliott Smith all the way to The Clash and Adam and the Ants.Doen't mind that I suck at proving my opinions. Finds my numerous flaws quite endearing. Understands Shakespearean prose without any trouble. Is a left-wing artist/writer/musician.random liberal arts talent. APPRECIATES MY STYLE AND ALWAYS COMPLIMENTS ON MY FASHION CHOICES. THIS IS KEY! Respects that I ofen like to be alone. Is not a technology geek - likes things the old fashioned way. Edits my writing, his only criticism being of the constructive kind. Has his own interesting style, which promotes his own flourishing creativity. Introduces me to new and exciting things. Has a much better sense of humour than I do. Buys me cheap trinket when they remind him of me. Thinks I have beautiful hands. Thinks I am graceful and witty, even when I am clumsy and blunt.Brings out my fun side and doesn't want to be philosophical all the time. Does not like anime. owns a pair of plaid pants that were not purchased at American Eagle. Touches my hair and tells me I'm pretty. Likes classical music just as much as he does punk. Hates emo but doesn't flaunt it. Reminds me to clean up after myself. Is probably more intelligent than I am. Doesn't have to be romantic to show that he loves me. Realizes that I am a livinng, breathing work of art. Is a freedom-fighter (possible a card-carrying member of the Green Party). Likes the fact that I write a shallow fashion blog. Critiques other people along with me but still know I am not shallow. Thinks I am tolerably weird. Comprehends my random pop-culture references. Laughs when I pretend I have the ability to rhyme. I feel comfortable singing and playing violin in front of him. Is preferrably clean of all vices.

5 comments:

Viva Las Divas said...

this is why you will never get married.
jokes!
but seriously, london is FULL of these people and i am so sick of them. they are self obsessed hipsters. i want a real man!

Jerrica said...

What's all this about men? *shake head* I think your hands are pretty, although very small. Hope you have fun dissecting dead people with them!

Shelby said...

I agree! You summed it up for me.

Anonymous said...

really i think you just described my boyfriend, minus the anime part, he really loves that..i don't know what else to say...if someone loves you they will LOVE you...i think it's what you wanted..it's being a long time..i am just passing time, discovering new blogs...

Emily said...

funny cuz you almost described the guy i would like to be my future bf