Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Same day, different post! My very good friend Rachael is from Saskatoon. She'll be spending her entire summer there, meaning I won't get to see her all summer, meaning that I am going to dearly miss her, meaning that we HAD to go shopping before she left! So a few friends piled in her aunt's car and took us to the Big Smoke, a rather nasty nickname for Toronto. I can definitely say that it was one of the most satisfying shopping trips I've been on in a while, spending on $60 on 5 things.
1. Grey and black star leggings from H&M. Yes, a silly silly frivolous purchase that I probably won't end up wearing anyways, but I saw them and had to have them. Even though Danielle wouldn't "touch knee-length leggings with a ten foot pole", these are full-length ones reminiscent of an "English Rock Star". Which I have always wanted to be, after all I'm going through a heavy David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust phase right now.
2. A simple white tank from H&M. It was ridiculously cheap, and I figured that with all of the patterned items in my wardrobe, I really need to balance it out with some solid pieces.
3. A tiny McDonald's logo pin with a slash through it. I work there as of now. Big joke, eh?
4. A Boy Scouts shirt with all sorts of cute patches on it. I've been coveting a shirt like this for a couple of years now, and I knew there was no time like the present to buy it. Plus, all my friends said it looked amazing on me, and I;m not one to turn down positive reinforcement.
5. Shoelaces with skulls on them. Yeah, skulls. I guess I haven't completely exited the "wannabe punk rocker" stage of my life, seeing as I actually bought these laces for my combat boots which had a broken lace. I like the laces, I like the skulls and I really entertain myself with some of the ridiculous fashion choices I make...At least I'll never ever look boring!