Saturday, August 26, 2006

Final Fashion Frontier

Remember that hoopla over finding a vintage Burberry trench in my Grandmother's closet while perusing for vintage finds. I doubt she'd worn it in years. How glad I am that I've rescued it from a life of fashionable oblivion! Well, here is a picture. Wondrous banana yellow glory!

A picture of the tag, just in case you didn't believe me.
Talk about fashionable oblivion. I transformed these nice, but plain black pointy kitten heels into Dorothy's wet dream footwear. Perfect for walking down the yellow brick road, dancing like a crazy lady, dreaming of things to be.

16 comments:

Anna said...

The coats is amazing! The shoes are awesome too. I'm so jealous of you right now!

missc said...

Are those kitten heels from Payless? I think you might have mentioned it.. anyhow, how did you do it? I want to try the same thing... c'mon !

Kit said...

omg i love your blog and that coat- tre chic!

want to trade links? this is the coolest blog i've seen in a long time.

-kit

Alison said...

i just did the same thing to some shoes i found at value village for $5! lots and lots of glitter glue, that's all i can say.

thetiniestspark said...

WANT THAT TRENCH COAT!! GAH!! lucky burberry girl.

Adrian said...

that coat will be wicked for spring...lucky girl, i say!

Viva Las Divas said...

WOW
WOW
WOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

*emma* said...

i love that coat. i have a wannabe version from some random thrift store somewhere, except its not burberry.
*peace*
emma

Lulu Fruitloops said...

omigod! i did that to a pair of shoes when i was dorothy for halloween in the 5th grade, and i so wish i'd kept them! great idea. btw, luv the blog.

Sarah said...

the jacket is fabulous,and it's great what you did with the shoes.

buttonsandstars said...

Waaaah. I abosolutely adore that coat! You're so lucky to have it!

polos and pashminas said...

love the shoes!! i have a gold pair like that.
love the blog, i've linked you.
xxx.

notesandtotes said...

I want that coat. So so much. And I LOVE your room! I love your blog, I linked you. And I messed up my display name, it's actually notesandTotes, not notes.

le fashion said...

cool shoes and yellow coat! where di d you get that?:)

Miou said...

Your yellow trench is very pretty.
I like your blog.

I have a blog about fashion but it's in french...do you understand french?

Bye

Rice and Beans Vintage Clothing said...

I am Super Jealous, that coat is Fantastic!