Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Moon Apparel

I have a friend who is very socially concious and wants to adopt kids from Africa, summon world peace, end world hunger etc. But for now she's settling for shopping at American Apparel, some anti-sweatshop brand. I surfed on over to the website to see what all of the buzz was about. After viewing some boring t-shirts and a rather nice but simple dress, I stumbled upon these. A horror to end all horrors!

As if regular leggings weren't bad enough, the Jetsons came down to Earth to breathe new life into an old Frankenstein. Do you think anyone is going to pay $40 for them? Can you believe that people in the 1960's thought we would be dressing like this in the year 2000? Maybe if I was Barbarella, but I'm not. I'm Isabel, and Isabel is not in need of any intergalactic fashion statements right now.

9 comments:

missc said...

I know! I saw them on the site before, and I nearly went into anaphylactic shock (i.e. severe allergy to leggings) They're tantamount to stirrup pants!

Anonymous said...

& another reason not to wear them: did you notice how HUGE her ass looks??

Money Miss said...

ugh. I'm all for saving the world, but I'm also for saving peoples' fashion sense.

Sarah said...

what's with american apparel and mettalic stuff, did you see the bikinis they had a while back, they were so ugly, as well as those leggings

Anonymous said...

even so,
american apparel is so great.
their clothes are very high quality,
and super comfy.
love it.

I'llnevertell said...

J'adore your blog. Love you

Mwah!

Adrian said...

Very Gucci Fall 2006 RTW.

Realistic? No.
Fun? Hell yeah....

Viva Las Divas said...

i think they're cool!

Anonymous said...

Kind of funny how you're bashing them in this post, but now in 2009 you've been sporting these leggings in black as pants plus a lot of your outfits use leggings...