Sunday, August 20, 2006

Replies!


Just in case you all don't read my comments, I'll reply personally to everyone's suggestions right here. Thank you for them all, I really appreciate your concern.
Miss Couture: Regrettably I'm not bringing my red spakly kitten heels, but the red long sleeve shirt I have should do well for a colour-burst.

Euro Brat: Thank you, and I sure hope you are right!

Viva Las Divas: Okay, I'll revise the star leggings for black tights, good idea! I hate hats though. I only wear toques in the winter to keep my ears warm, and that's purely out of necessity.

The Tiniest Spark: Yes, I was afraid the hooded sweatshirt would be an unwelcome visitor in the City of Light. I'll bring a gray vintage cable-knit sweater instead and a bright blue waist belt to jazz it up!

Polish-Pierogies: Hmm, I don't own a beret but it's something to consider!

Money Miss: No can do with the sunglasses, my regular spectacles prevent anything of the sort. As with the summer dress, I think the wrap-dress I'm already bringing should be just fine but I'll think about taking another dress just in case.

My next question to you guys should be...what are good souvenirs to bring home for friends? I don't want to break the bank here but the pit of my stomach tells me that a keychain just isn't enough. I'm sure finding something suitable shouldn't be a problem but guidance would be much appreciated!

6 comments:

ariana said...

In the little tourist-y shops they have little 'prints' for like two euro that are actually really cool in my oppinion!

that's what i got for everyone...

Mixed & Matched said...

I love your blog- have fun in Paris!

Anonymous said...

bracelets or necklaces with something paris or france related or simple little tees.

the muse said...

I would suggest going to flea markets, you'll probably find cool stuff without breaking the bank.

Jen said...

your blog is great! sorry for being so slow with the link, i'm bad about reading my own comments as it turns out...

i actually was just in paris in late july. everyone does dress very well there, but italy--which i also visited this summer--definitely had them beat. anyways while in paris i was very jealous of everyone who had cute ankle-strap sandals (which seemed to be every fashionable woman i saw). i'm not sure what the forecast holds for early september, but they would certainly work in warm, dry weather.

Money Miss said...

Ooh. Just don't get any ugly Paris towels or anything.
Um, I think what would be really cool is that if you got some cheap French book with a nice cover. They wouldn't be able to read it, but it would be authentic France. Plus, nice covers can make really nice decorating!