Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Stripper Shoes and Four-Leaf Clovers


Flip to page 94 of the new Vogue. On it will be a picture of Eleanor Ylvisaker (some socialite chick) wearing a four-leaf clover print dress by Carolina Herrera. Take very good note of it. The fun print and short hemline exude youthful exuberance and pure summery joy. But however youthful it may be, teenagers and ingenues alike might make the exclusive mistake of pairing the dress with flip-flops or flats. No, never. As Eleanor Ylvisaker demonstrates, the cute factor needs to be toned down and gussied up with a pair of bitchin' shoes: preferrably platform heels or peep-toe pumps. (Appreciate my affinity for awesome alliterations?) This girl knows what looks good and flaunts it to the extreme. Three cheers for Eleanor, the random socialite chick!

8 comments:

Money Miss said...

Those shoes are very cool.

I can just imagine the disaster if I tried to wear them...
Plus, I'm tall enough already! And where's the stripper shoes of the title?!

Alison said...

lol, those shoes r hawt!!!

Dilemma said...

yes! I see the clover dress on page 94!
What kind of person would wear a dress like that with flip flops? Flats I could understand...but flip flops would just look scary.
Gah, I love the way you write. It's much more interesting/different then a lot of what I read on a lof of blogs.[/creepy fangirl rambling]

Anonymous said...

Hey Isabel!
It's your best man friend, Marc-o! How are you sweetie? Stripper shoes!? haha...Girl, You are the most adorable anorexic girl out there (j/k...you're just really skinny :P) I love this blog thing...you are clearly the most cool thing ont his site! Keep it up!

thetiniestspark said...

okay, so this is UNBELIEVABLY RANDOM, but i know who eleanor ylvisaker is...my best friend's uncle is jon, her husband, and i've stayed at her dad-in-law's house like a bajillion times. MADNESS! i read your blog and i was like "whoa, ylvisaker? wtf? that's my best friend's maiden name, i've never heard that name anywhere else!"

lo and behold. LO. AND. BEHOLD, i know who the heckola you (and vogue) were featuring.

: ) kira

Anonymous said...

Can you please post the link for that dress!?!? I want to see it so badly!!

IrishKelly said...

Can you please post the link for that dress??

Thanks

Mochu Pichu said...

Appreciating all alteration.