Saturday, August 05, 2006

Vintage Heart Attack!


The latest "age" issue of Vogue with Linda Evangelista on the cover helped me realize that old people are really freakin' cool. Easily inspired, I trekked across the road to my grandparents' house to try and uncover some neat vintage finds. Neat? Maybe. I came across the '50's style poodle-skirt Hallowe'en costume made for my mom a long long time ago. Unparalelled? Certainly. I was quite shocked to find a bright yellow vintage Burberry trench between rows upon rows of heavily shoulder-padded blouses. It's gorgeous and in pretty darn good condition for vintage, the only imperfection being an unfortunate paint stain on the bottom hem. I'm not in posession of a functioning digital camera right now, so posting pictures isn't an option but this is a picture of someone else's vintage Burberry trench for sale on Ebay. Just imagine it in a bright canary yellow.

6 comments:

Money Miss said...

Yeah, I love when things like that happen.
Like, I found this really nice 100% black wool jacket amongst some stuff my mum gave me to play dress up with when I was little. The buttons are weird, but a lil sewing will fix that riiiiight up.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog forever (although I don't have one of my own). I found it on your myspace and read it like a christian reads the bible. I just wanted to tell you that are you soooooo pretty, and have the best sense of style ever. Perhaps you should think of a career in fashion.


--Jennifer

Alison said...

grrr... how come i never find anything like that. i'm very jealous, but happy for you. i need to see pictures!!! xox

Isabel said...

Thankyou so much Jennifer, you are a sweetheart! Are you on my friends list? If no, definitely add me! I really hope to borrow a friend's camera or something. I have so many personal pictures that need to be taken and posted here, darnit!

Sarah said...

i love trenchcoats!!!

Viva Las Divas said...

it sounds awesome! (I'm working at being a valley girl right now) Just work with the paint stain.