Monday, September 25, 2006

Dear Fashion:

I love you, but let's agree to disagree on one thing: ankle boots.
I don't care how "cool"you are, or how many Christian Louboutins are featured on the Derek Lam runway - I will never like you. Lots of perfectly good fashion folks complain about how leggings of all things, break up the proportions of lovely long legs. How can you not agree that ankle boots do the same? Both articles end in a stark line across ankle, chopping up your leg line as if they were Freddy Krueger. But let's not turn this into a rant. As long as ankle boots and I can come to a compromise, life will be fine. They get to live in a land full of happy candy along with tapered jeans, scrunchies and Uggs and my vision gets to be free and clear of all fashion blight.

9 comments:

Lulu Fruitloops said...

oh i do like ankle boots! but i can see why you mighht not like them...

notesandtotes said...

i agree with you. i have ALWAYS thought ankle boots were butt ugly, and as you said, really unflattering.

missc said...

Ankle boots are kind of a grey area for me. I love them in theory and I love their shape, but on me is a different story. They do nothing for 5'1" me!

Anonymous said...

totally agree. I don't get the point of ankle boots...aren't boots supposed to protect your ankles? Plus, wouldn't the boot dig into your ankle as you walked, especially if the heel was higher?

Also, like you said, they'd make your calves look huge and are totally ugly.
-em!ly

the muse said...

I love ankle boots! It just depends on how you wear them, I guess.

*emma* said...

now i am sad. people keep saying ankle boots are fug-lay! but i like them! whatever, ill keep wearing em...i can see why you wouldn't like them though. i mean, it's one of those things you either love or hate. like leopard print. or george bush (HATE the latter).

*peace*

Hypnotic Romance said...

I agree on so many levels!

ambika said...

Preach it. But seriously, they are the fugliest and having worn them when I was 10, there's no way I'll wear them now.

torontostreetfashion.com said...

Hmmm - I give you all another year MAX and you too will be wearing ankle boots!! You should know even the 'ugliest' trends that somehow make it back eventually go mainstream - and people get so used to looking at certain things that they eventually think they like them!