Thursday, September 21, 2006

Shout Out From Fascists

If any of you have been to Final Fashion or La Femme lately, then you would probably be aware of the September 2nd fashion section of the National Post featuring fashion bloggers. I was quite happy for the both to be featured in a nationally circulated newspaper until...I realized that my website was there as well! Though this picture that I stole from Danielle isn't clear enough for the "hipstermusings.blogspot.com" to be obvious, go to her post for proof that right-wing fogies may or may not have seen my url. Unfortunately, the people who read the National Post are not looking at the fashion section...

Yesterday I received a package in the mail from the sweet French woman who took me shopping in Paris. It was the Cartier scarf she had promised to send me! After I had bought the Gucci wallet she asked me if "nice things like that made me happy". When I replied yes, she said "The it would make me very happy to give you nice things" in cute broken English. It's pink with a chain pattern and smelsl authentically French, like perfume and cigarettes. Needless to say I adore it! Being a semi-published author and the owner of designer accessories, life in Canada is definitely looking up.

11 comments:

Adrian said...

When I saw this, I noticed your site was listed and I thought of you right away!!!!! Wicked job..congrats!

-Adrian At FashionVerabatim

Money Miss said...

And to think, only last month I was joking about us fashion bloggers being in Teen Vogue...Arrgghh!!! Can you get me in there?????
PS: Link me back?

daddylikeyblog said...

Will your French shopping buddy send me a Cartier scarf? Nice things make me very happy too!

Sarah said...

that is so cool, i love your blog too. that is great that you got a cartier scarf, must be gorgeous.

Lulu Fruitloops said...

awesome! so jealous about ur trip to paris.

Anonymous said...

You really have got to post pictures of the wallet and scarf and make me even more insanely jealous.

Viva Las Divas said...

Fuck!
I mean congratulations but why am I never in these things?
Not that I am a Canadian blogger but still, I feel unwanted.

thetiniestspark said...

congrats, isabel!! : ) keep on keepin' on. and put up photos of the cartier scarf. ooo.

*emma* said...

congratulaaations. very cool.

eurobrat said...

Congratulations!

dusk&summer said...

omg congrats! thats awesome :)