Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Fashionably Conscious


Being a global kind of girl, I decided to join the “Model U.N.” where all schools in the district get together and pretend they’re bigshots. Despite my social conscience, it’s more like a desperate attempt to get more extracurriculars on my University transcript (does blogging count as an extracurricular??). When I read through the numerous pages of information something about “dressing formally unless you choose to dress in the traditional attire of the country” jumped out at me. Lucky me, my country is France! I believe the conversation with my mother will go like this: “But mom, I have to wear Dior and Louboutins - it’s France’s national attire!!”. Alright, just kidding. But really, any suggestions as to what I should wear to this two day conference? For the first day I’ve planned to wear black platforms and a low-cut black Zara dress, but what to wear for the 2nd day is a mystery yet to be solved. However I adamantly refuse to don any twin sets or smart suits. Let’s try to dream up an "appropriate" but sexy outfit that people won’t take me seriously in until I start to orate.

3 comments:

missc said...

I've wanted to do Model U.N.... but I'm crap at finding things out and don't know how I would go next year! Help me out, isabel!
Maybe black trousers + a grey top. One of those super-detailed tops?

awesomegoddess said...

If you're anything like me, the challenge will be to dress so that people can concentrate on what you're saying, not on your beauty.

So wear well-fitted but full legged trousers and a softly tailored wool jacket, either belted or nipped in a bit at the waist.

S.J. said...

hehe, that woman is benita ferrero waldner... she used to be austria's foreign minister... she was quite fashionable for austro-political proportions back then... they used to write more about her weird velvet hair ribbons than her political achievements...

btw, thanks for finding the brianciage dude... i love his o= tee... x