Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Trick or Treat!


I may be a day late, but someone had to say it: Hallowe'en rocks. At what other time could one dress up ridiculously and get candy for it? I didn't have a costume this year, which is something I really regret. I thought it was pointless, because I'm too old to Trick-or-Treat anyways. Frankly, if you're old enough to make money to buy candy with, then you're too old to be going to strangers houses asking for it. But I digress, since I am lucky enough to have a seamstress for a mother, my costume has always rocked. I remember my first year ever of going out for Hallowe'en I was the Queen of Hearts, another year I was Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow (that idea came from the movie Fantasia) and another year I was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Never will I forget the fabulousity of Iris' crepe paper rainbow-cape and Dorothy's fantastic red sparkly shoes. So let me remind you all, if you ever get a chance to dress like a wacko - take it. No matter how old you are!

7 comments:

Carissa said...

Halloween is fantastic.. I went out trick or treating for the first time since third grade last night. I'm envious of your costumes though! I always throw my together about an hour or so before I go out.

*emma* said...

i heard ya. i went as a pirate this year...it was actually a really cool costume. awesome boots, little ripped skirt, fishnets, big billowing white blouse, black tank under the blouse, awesome chain necklaces and a hat. sweet.
i love halloween and i will probably be trick or treating or at least celebrating the day until i am old and gray (not that that will ever happen, since i'm going to dye my hair pink when it starts graying and be the coolest granny at the retirement home_

peace

Anonymous said...

Your mother is a seamstress?

Can you convince her to teach you to sew?

Any chance she might teach me, too, so I can have the greatest duds?

Isabel said...

A pink haired granny? That's intense! Rock on, Emma.

I know a bit about sewing and have no problem altering my clothes but making them is a lot trickier. I can do easy projects under her guidance but I can't even hope to compare to her made sewing skillz. :( Id bet she would love to pass on her knowledge to a willing student though!

tamara. said...

too old for trick or treating, maybe, but never too old for a costume party.

Tru said...

I heart Halloween.....I was Dorthy this year.

Bobble Bee said...

hhahahahah :D cool, cool