Friday, February 16, 2007

Basics

I feel the urge to own a classic bag, and am doing me best to suppress it. Honestly, I'm 17! I should not be spending $300 on a plain leather handbag - I should be wearing ridiculous fashion combinations that only a youth could pull off. But somehow, I find myself wearing tee-shirts and trousers. I am not a secretary - I don't even have the qualifications to pull off trousers, yet I persist. Where are the charm necklaces, patterned shoes and polka-dotted skirts when I need them. But hark, a conclusion awaits us. Perhaps the ultimate for of fashion rebellion involves and element of maturity. I find it more shocking to see teenagers dressing conservatively than it is to see Juicy Couture-clad O.C. moms who try to be their daughters. Either way, I can't help but admire these lovely, classic, basic, staple bags from Roots Leather (Oh, the Canadiana continues!)
Editor's Tote - $298.00
London Satchel - $298.00

5 comments:

sara said...

I love the editors tote, but I could never save $300

molly said...

i dont understand how people can spend so much money on just a plain bag!

Frapp said...

Haha! I'm not alone then! A couple of months ago I was dying to own something, ANYTHING that could be called a designer bag that I could pass down to my children and would always be a classic...And I should be dressing like a teenager but I find myself going out in leather jacket, black jeans, white blouse and knee-high boot combos!

Tru said...

its fun dressing like a grown up sometimes...cool totes

S. said...

Don't do it