Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Bubblicious

I've probably mentioned a thing or two on My Style Diary before, but I am particularly enamoured by the diary of Susie Bubble. Susie's blog is wonderful but her Style Diary is honestly mind-blowing. It's diverse and atypical. Despite the bombarding variety of influences in her wardrobe, Susie's natural style defies any sort of convention. Look at some of my favourite outfits and let your jaw drop, but for God's sake wipe the drool off your face.
Just when I thought pearls were over, this wacky bubblegum pearl necklace came along and changed my mind. Same with the nautical trend - this cardigan is way too cool to sit at the back of one's closet because it isn't 'in'. The pearls and cardigan paired with the gray scalloped skirt is genius. Pure genius!
I covet that forlorn-looking vintage leather purse. I really do. Plaid paired with a burgundy bubble skirt sound so wrong, but looks quite the opposite. I adore this mega-layered look!
I have a pile of baggy t-shirts like this, but I wear mine as pajamas. But the sad thing is, even if I paired one with a slouchy vest, bermudas and a rope belt, I still wouldn't look half as cool as Susie Bubble does here.
I really hate yellow, but it just looks so dang charming here! Mad props for brigntening up the outfit and my day, after looking at the outfit.
I feel a lot like a creepy stalker after reading over this gushing post. I would be embarrassed if she actually read this - it sounds like a public e-crush or something. Is it even possible to have a crush on someone's clothes? If it is, this must be the closest I've ever been...

9 comments:

chew a horn! said...

clothes=luv.

dusk&summer said...

:O love her style!

Viva Las Divas said...

She is such a good blogger, hers is one of my favourites to read. And yours bien sur.
P.s yes I am very intense.

Touche19 said...

I ADORE Susie's style bublle as well!!!! She always writes about the most interesting things....
cool blog :]
I think I'm going to link you

Tru said...

lol....she does have very cool style

L. said...

Susie has some crazy outfits and its interesting to see how her style has developed. Truly inspirational.

Emma said...

those outfits are fantastic! and would look like crap on me. but fantastic on her!

Gort said...

not all my style, but there is some very cool stuff there

kf said...

this girl is freaking cool