Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Last Refuge

The last refuge of minimalism, that is. Shed the neon rave glitter. Shed the layers. Shed the pants and slip into a delightful creation of liquid slink by Anna Molinari or Jil Sander. They're both so basic black and wonderful. I wish for warmer weather and places to go where I could show off these outfits in my imaginary wardrobe.
Anna Molinari: Collarbones, miniskirt and full-length gloves. A recipe for Bond Girl destruction if there ever was one.
Anna Molinari: A belted bodysuit. It reminds me of a gymnast who goes gothic and looks damn good doing it. I have no idea where anyone could actually wear this, but it sure looks hot on the runway.
Jil Sander: I'm astounded by the clarity and peace of mind this picture conveys. The white runway, pale skin and tight black dress all contribute to the look's severity. But it's a severity I can appreciate. Being approachable is so overrated.

4 comments:

kf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kf said...

i really, really like the second one, despite its being utterly impractical.

belts and leotards...i think my mom still wears that when she jazzercizes?

The Style Bard said...

Sienna just wore that exact leotard outfit, remember? Can't recall the occasion... one of the many recent ceremonies. About any fashion blog should've covered it.