Monday, February 12, 2007

My Brain Hurts A Lot

This is my 1 yr. blogging anniversary - rejoice! I checked out the new Tory Burch S/S 07 collection expecting some great fodder for insults. If Burch's collection turned out to be a trainwreck, then I could put the nail in the coffin of socialite clothing lines. Because we all know that Chick by Nicky Hilton was a trashbag of a failure... But to my pleasant surprise, Tory Burch wasn't all that awful. In fact, it's pretty nice! The worst thing I could find was this poofy striped coat/ankle boots combo, and even then, the outfit underneath it is awfully cute.
This scalloped coat over the black outfit is genius. It's the perfect length, and I've never seen anything like it before. If I were a rich socialite myself, Jeeves the Butler would be driving me to the nearest Tory Burch store (probably in L.A.) so I could grab this coat and make it mine.
Again wighe the hot hobo look. The gold details on the coat and bag make is more luxe than homeless. How desirable! The sweater dress with the boots is great - it's refreshing to see boots on their own intead of being unflatteringly scrunched over jeans.
So I have decided that Tory Burch really isn't all that bad. She's relatively young for a designer, and definitely a neophyte at the trade but she's far more mature than socialites of the Hilton variety. Perhaps Tory is the perfect mix between young and old and her appeal will defy age groups. After all, 40 is the new 20.

6 comments:

missc said...

Ah, Chick by Nicky Hilton..
I remember seeing it on ShopBop and thinking, 'what the eff is this?'

the lipstick lady said...

i love that dress in the first picture, the coat is... surprising...

Carissa said...

Love the last look, I'm very surprised. And happy anniversary!

Flashy_Shades said...

i think t.b. is going in the right direction with her line, everything seems very wearable. except for that first coat, who ok'd that???

happy birthday, hipster musings

molly said...

congrats on your first year! hopefully youll have many more...

love the second outfit.

Touche19 said...

I freaking ADORE the last 2 coats!!!
pure brills!