Monday, February 19, 2007

Vision Enhancing

I started wearing glasses in 3rd grade, when I was so young the smallest frames covered most of my face. I've always associated glasses with being geeky and uncool, but these girls (all captured by Face Hunter) give new meaning to bespectacled. The huge glasses here seem to be inspired by Iekeliene Stange in all her lenseless, gigantic-framed glory. Whether they actually need glasses or not, they sure can look cool.


The Verdict? Glasses can be hot, but only on some people. There's no way I could ever pull off any of the frames shown here - but I am really impressed with the people who can. I'll just stick to my framelesses.

7 comments:

Emma said...

guys seldom make passes at girls in incredibly hip and nerdy and enormous glasses. even so, I love them
and I sorely wish i was the type of person who could look hot in big ol' harry potter specs

kf said...

ugh. how true. i've tried on pairs of coke bottled army glasses or aviator reading glasses...doesn't work for me. i end up looking like a fifteen year old grandpa (or my dad in the seventies?). not a good look. fuck. i wish i was cool.

Alison said...

haha no i said 'it's not like i was featured in vogue or anything' but that would be so amazingly cool...
glasses can look so good on some people!

S. said...

Reminds me of my glasses from grade 6. I could never feel cool wearing those again!

Did I promise to link you and forget?! If I did I appologize. Linkage coming asap!

S said...

I've been wearing glasses since 5th grade and my vision is only getting worse and worse since then. Gahhhhh, but I can't seem to find a pair that fits my personality right. These all look so funky, but I only wish I can pull them off.

molly said...

you need a certain look to pull off these glasses but once youve got that look...its so hipster!

lindz said...

I agree, although I think that being able to wear a certain style is really HOW you wear it. If you wear it with confidence, you can pull almost any look off!