Sunday, March 25, 2007

Good News

Dang! I couldn't upload the picture but apparently I was mentioned as a side note in last weeks National Post! (Style Section, Style ABC's). Even though I wasn't the main focus, it's still pretty excited to be featured in a Canada-wide newspaper. Kick-butt.

In case you were wondering about which random Misshape pic is inspiring me right now, I have to give kudos to this girl. I love the t-shirt scrawl, leather belt, grampa sweater and classy purse. If anyone ever had any doubt about what I was trying to pull off in regards to my clothing, look no further.


Sidebar: Has anyone listened to the new abum by The Stooges called "The Weirdness"? Because you really should. I was totally expecting Iggy Pop to be a musical burnout by now, but this album just really rocks. It can't get much better than old junkies rocking out. I can't even pick a favourite song for you to download. However, the songs with the best lyrics are clearly "Free & Freaky" and "Greedy Awful People". Just give it a listen, folks!

14 comments:

Frapp said...

I love the T-shirt, and I'll never stop loving black skinny jeans. Do you happen to know where she got the top from?

Katie said...

Don't know if you're aware, but you were also mentioned in Edmonton Journal (http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/look/story.html?id=24db4268-0908-4813-a0ab-28377b7926ae).

Congrats!

mareGa said...

The girl in the pic looks great. The grandpa sweater makes it. And that hair.

lindz said...

I love the sweater!! She looks great. Sweaters like these that are extremely long and kinda baggy-ish are coming back in style. I've started to notice that EVERYWHERE carries them!

Hey, I know we used to be linked, do you want to link to my blog, www.urbanupdater.wordpress.com?

molly said...

wow youre hitting the big time. dont leave us little people behind...

yeah i was just reading an interview with iggy pop and im definitely intrigued by the new album. thanks for the recommendations, ill try to hunt them down

buttonsandstars said...

That shirt, my friend has it! It's a Yeah Yeah Yeahs one. And it has some of the lyrics to maps on.
"They don't love you like I love you"
It's AMAZING! I think you can buy it on the internet.

Emma said...

congrats! you so famous.

i might be over the misshapes chicks, if only because they're so much cooler than me it's painful.

Emma said...

congrats! you so famous.

i might be over the misshapes chicks, if only because they're so much cooler than me it's painful.

Tru said...

that shirts is AWESOME

sink sink socks said...

But I can indicate the important kit_professionnel_blanchiment_des event which has as its substitute the trivial one...

an english girl in new york said...

I like her hair. Random but true.

L. said...

The sweater is great, the bag, awesome but I think that the outfit is made by the fact that she is wearing a brown belt with black jeans... I mean, that is mega hard to pull off.

Zoƫ said...

Aww. I miss hanging out with Coco. I should give her a call.

Tamayu said...

She looks great. I am a guy and I love blending a mix of things women can wear with guy stuff without looking womanly. This pic inspires me.