Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hollister Blows.


OMG! I M LIEK SOO COOL!!! Who knows if I've ever mentioned human cloning on this blog or not, but I have sure as hell mentioned fashion cloning. Instead of heading off to a sunny location this March Break, I've been forced to take in-class driving lessons. There's a row of four girls who sit in front of me and they all look the same. They are all wearing sweatpants, "birkenclogs"/Uggs, a polo shirt and have messy hair. The picture to the right can't even compare to the clods of hair that have been bobby-pinned with reckless abandon littering the top of her head. It's painfully obvious they have never set foot in a store that isn't called American Eagle, Hollister or Abercrombie & Fitch. They're the popular girls, right? Ummm, no. Their faces are definitely not attractive, their collective style is awful and their personalities are the worst. They think that I'm a snobby freak because I came into class wearing a leopard-print coat and red lipstick! Next March Break, I should teach a course on fashion. I bet these girls would sign up in, like, a heartbeat. Once I started teaching, they wouldn't know what hit them.

15 comments:

the lipstick lady said...

look up "sloanes" on wiki, you'll find the UK eqivalent. absolutely disgraceful.

Emma said...

oh god.
i know these girls like the back of my hand.
excuse me while i slap the back of my hand.

they're basically your garden-variety silly ho who thinks anything with a little ralph lauren logo is haute couture and they're super chic and original for wearing knee-high Uggs.

Ugh.

Emma said...

oh god.
i know these girls like the back of my hand.
excuse me while i slap the back of my hand.

they're basically your garden-variety silly ho who thinks anything with a little ralph lauren logo is haute couture and they're super chic and original for wearing knee-high Uggs.

Ugh.

Emma said...

oh god.
i know these girls like the back of my hand.
excuse me while i slap the back of my hand.

they're basically your garden-variety silly ho who thinks anything with a little ralph lauren logo is haute couture and they're super chic and original for wearing knee-high Uggs.

Ugh.

Teenfashionista said...

Do their sweatpants have PINK splashed across their bums? The worst!

There are several choice sororities on campus that wear nothing besides 1) uggs, 2) victoria's secret sweats, 3) oversized sunglasses, and 4) designer purses - real, occasionally, but usually glaringly fake.

S. said...

Ick, a few years ago I worked at Holt Renfrew. Rich girls would come in on weekends shuffling around dressed like that, only with overpriced designer bags on hanging from their forearms.

Alex Richards said...

Hah! that is so funny. I will never understand the butt-logo sweats.
Um, and your idea to teach fashion-um, brilliant. If only they'd let students do that at my school!

Viva Las Divas said...

haha! you're just too cool babe. leopard coat + lipstick=love

S said...

Thank you for this post. You have just expressed my pain and suffering.

Tru said...

lol....fashion clones seem to be a planatary epedemic they should feel lucky to be in your presence, lol

Carissa said...

I can't understand the sweat pants. There are an abundance of girls like that at my school, and I guess I can atleast comprehend everything they wear but the sweatpants. Why look frumpy and awful?

ambika said...

Butt-logo sweats are the work of the devil. So not cute, coy, or in any way attractive.

Lulu Fruitloops said...

wow. i think we've all encountered these girls.. but actually, my whole driver's ed class was filled with em too.

Joanne said...

My school's main population is these girls, and I didn't realise how bad it was until I got here... just my luck to go to a college whose largest "feeder" county is the OC. >_<

kirdes said...

I love Hollister myspace layouts!!