Friday, March 09, 2007

Vivienne Westwood

For sure it's old news, but it's never too late for Vivienne Westwood. Her F/W '07 collection only fueled my undying love for that ridiculously cool woman. I love how she incorporates monograms into her collection. Louis Vuitton is nice and all, but I would much rather own this original coat than a ubiquitous handbag. You see, everyone knows what a Louis Vuitton handbag looks like. But only true fashionistas would be able to decipher that Vivienne Westwood is behind "Gold Label". That creates an elitist monogram, and the entire point of a monogram is to make the brand of a bag obvious. That woman is cle-ver.

Oh dear. I really adore the two outfits above, with the sneaky "Gold Label" branding. The knee-boots! The green layers! I love them both.
This outfit may say "Gold Label" anywhere, but it encompasses everything I love about Vivienne. The ratty sweater and fetishist corset look like they jumped out of her 1970s punk shop 'Sex' on Kings Road, London. The pants are very modern-Vivienne. They look bizarre on first glance, but when examined they look surprisingly wearable. (For weird old me, at least)

3 comments:

TasteTV : Life Never Tasted So good said...

FYI, TasteTV has a video from the new Vivienne Westwood exhibition at the de Young Museum running at TasteTV.com (http://www.TasteTV.com)

sara said...

I love the green outfit.

Isabel said...

Tremendous discounts on modern dresses are available at New York & Company...