Saturday, May 19, 2007

Master of Illusions

Hot damn! I literally found the coolest t-shirt ever in my dad's dresser drawer. It says "Eric Slone (my dad's name), Master of Illusions" and has his old phone number on it. Isn't is awesome? It's soft and vintage and most of all, it's personal. It has no irony in it whatsoever. I'm not wearing a shirt that says "Fred Smith" on it for kicks - I have no idea who Fred Smith is! To find a shirt that is sentimental and stylish at the same is nearly a miracle.
I bought these great kicks at Winners, when a pair of sandals I was wearing started giving me painful blisters. Though I bought them on a whim, I'm sure they'll end up as summer staple shoes.

4 comments:

Pretty In Black said...

I'm on the brink of stealing my dad's beloved vintage Miami Vice tee. I love the "Master of Illusions" bit on yours.

*** MeMiLy EdD *** said...

that t-shirt sounds really kl

Moose on the Loose said...

The shirt is so rad-I love it. Ya, I always raid my dad's closet. I wear his ties for belts, old collared shirts as tunic tops over leggings... Those shoes are fabulous! That color is amazing!

Emma said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE. You are so cool and original that you kind of give me a complex (in a good way.)
Now I sound like a gushing stalker. But you are too fab, for real.