Friday, June 22, 2007

Florida Calling


Yes, it's true - I love Birkenstocks. I have a pair of fake Birkenstocks that I only paid $10 for and are completely falling apart, yet I continue to wear them. A lot of people consider Birkenstocks something of a fashion blight, but I would beg to differ. Once you break them in, no other sandals will do. I suppose that's how some people feel about Ugg boots (shudder). Plus, the 'Florida' style Birkenstocks pictured look an awful lot like these divine Chloe mary janes below. High-fashion orthopaedic sandals - what a thought! The moral of this post is how badly I need to replace my current pair, and now that I have a new job in a classy library cafe, that replacement is bound to be happening soon.

4 comments:

Alison said...

hmm, those Chloe shoes are just so fab I might reconsider my stand on birkens...
awesome post!

Maddy said...

My mother has several pairs of Birkenstock sandals left over from when she was a hippie. I don't mind those at all, it's the just the closed-toe cloggy ones that bother me. I think I am seriously the only white girl at my school who does not own a pair of those and wear them every day.

mary said...

i love birkenstocks! tons of kids at my school wear them, surprisingly most in the "popular"" group
also love those chloe shoes! i've loved them since the first time i saw them months and months ago

buttonsandstars said...

Noooo! Please don't compare the beautiful Chloe mary janes to birkenstocks! They're just too...clumpy. Not in a good way!