Monday, June 18, 2007

Not a fan.

I got an awesome hater comment on a very old post. The post had to do with a goth girl coming to school in rainbow clothing (most likely for shock value) and myself being very surprised. Here's the comment.

"i can agree with the whole hot topic thing....cause i can rememeber a time when it was ok..and now its just emo kids with expired prosciptions for zoloft.....butt as far as the goth chick and her little get up of the day......i say you have no right to be all like "OMG i cant belive shes like wearing that".....id like to see you grow the balls to step out of your little A&F world of crisp clean clothing and jock fucking on prom night and do the thing she did....
little poser or not....she made a statement, if she hadnt you wouldnt be writing this spew up here....fashion is ment to be out landish and fucked up.....look at James St. James if your not too young to know who he is....anyways thats just my view on it....i could be wrong.....you could just be exercising your 1st amendment ...."

I wouldn't mind pointing out a few things here. I don't shop at Abercrombie and I never have. If you've read ANYTHING on this blog at all, you'll be well aware of my profound appreciation of thrift shops.
-I also did not have sex with a jock on Prom night.
-I am well aware fashion is meant to be outlandish. I'm a pretty crazy dresser myself. Wearing baggy red scrubs and a rainbow-striped shirt is only crazy in the negative sense.
-I actually do know who James St. James is, without having to google him either. He was a NYC club kid who wrote the book Disco Bloodbath. I know this from watching the movie 'Party Monster' (2003).
-I live in Canada. We have a Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Though there is plenty of free speech in Canada, it is not called the 'first amendment'.

I beg you, do not live in ignorance, if you are going to post negative comments on my blog, at least READ IT FIRST.

11 comments:

Dilemma said...

This is so strange, why is everyone getting hate comment all of a sudden? First me, then Bombazine Doll....it's just really weird. I never commented on your prom post[mainly because I've been kind of MIA], but I have to say I love the dress you wore!

Emma said...

People are dumb.

the lipstick lady said...

read: emma's comment

Alison said...

I agree with lipstick lady lol

Maddy said...

I love how some of the more annoying goths will whip out their knowledge of the one relatively obscure artist or writer they know about to try and make you think they are cooler than you. I also love how haters can never spell or use apostrophes.

Katie said...

I think she is probably jealous that you can actually ARTICULATE YOURSELF instead of spewing out a bunch of gebberish that takes about an hour to sort through.

And I like how people who don't agree with you throw insults that make no sense.

"HA HA! Well, you shop at Abercrombie & Finch!! LOSER!"

"...Uhh, yeah, actually I don't."

Queen Michelle said...

The chick/dick might want learn how to spell too.
Liking your blog by the way.

Teresa said...

Why do hateful comments always have such poor grammatical and spelling errors, quite sad. And yes, I agree ^ with Emma, people are dumb.

The Mayor said...

Ahahahah - I love that you are like "I know about James St. James from the movie Party Monster". Ahahaha, that's WORSE than having to google him!!

Henna said...

hahhhh... excellent rebuttle...

Anonymous said...

First of all, your hater needs a dictionary. There is a big difference between "but" which is a conjunction, and "butt" which is one's rear end. Your hater doesn't know the difference, sadly. And i never listen to comments from people who are that stupid. i would advise you to do the same.
Also, there is nothing that fashion is "supposed" to be. It can be basic or outlandish as the person desires. It can also be judged.