Friday, July 06, 2007

Bob Dylan Blues


I went to see Bob Dylan at the Ottawa Bluesfest last night. The weather was chilly and overcast, so any plans of wearing my gray sack dress with Birkenstocks was dampered. I chose to wear my Queens University sweater with skinny jeans and navy Keds. It's a simple, boring outfit and I felt really inadequate compared to the relatively well-dressed crowd under age 60. I think university sweaters are sprinkled with magic dust that makes the wearer feel like absolute crap. Don't blame the poor souls who end up pair the sweater with track pants and Uggs. It's not their failing judgement, it's actually the sweater's fault. There were only about three people, all men, whose outfits were worth taking a picture of but I didn't have a camera with me. The actual concert was kind of crappy and I lost a lot of respect for Bob Dylan. His voice, although cool, sounds like Scooby-Doo and a chewed-up cob of corn. Plus, he turned all of his classic acoustic tracks into jazz/blues standards which was really underwhelming. That concert gave me the Subterranean Homesick Blues (my favourite song by him, which he did not play). At least I had a good time with my best friend eating free cereal samples and insulting the geriatrics dancing promiscuously.

2 comments:

Tru said...

my friend went to go see him recently so she was talking to a teacher at out school about him and he said he's been to like a billon of his concerts and its either hit or miss

SICK. said...

whoa wait, you went to OTTAWA? do you live here or something?
do you really?
because i kind of do.

maybe i shouldn't say this via internet, but i'm flipping out.
just a little bit though.

and now you probably think i'm a psychopath, which, for lack of better terminology, is correct.

x