Friday, July 06, 2007

Erin Fetherston for Target

The new Erin Fetherston for Target collection is like everything that was bad about being a ten year old square in the sixties. Peter pan collars can be cute on their own but not when paired with ruffles for God’s sakes.

HEART LEGGINGS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? For people who are already jailbait, wearing this line is treacherous. The cops will probably arrest your boyfriend, even if he is the same age.

However, there are some standout pieces. This tuxedo-like dress is pretty fabulous.

Only very thin people should attempt wearing this voluminous but gorgeous coat, because it may create unwanted saddlebags. But for those who can pull it off, caps off.

5 comments:

buttonsandstars said...

I actually think this range is amazing! :D
You're right about the heart leggings though. They are terrible.
But other than that, I think it's all very pretty! I really love that coat...

Tru said...

I think some of the pieces are quite interesting though I would never wear an entire outfit soley form the line

fashionistakay said...

Hmmm...this seems a bit controversial. There are some good pieces and some ok pieces to say the least. This was a little surprising too. Erin Fetherston is just to sophisticated and crisp, but this is for Target so I guess you can't expect the very best?

Hannah Danger said...

I have to admit I agree with this entire post, though the Libertine for Target line looks fairly promising (except that bloody ruffled dress that's been in every magazine from here to China...)

The Glossy Editor said...

I couldn't get past the 8 year old model that looks like a bad imitation of Fetherston herself...wig included. After all that..can't say much about the line.