Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Helmut Lang Resort


This dress is an absolute standout from the Helmut Lang '08 resort collection. A dress with pockets, ingenious! I can't understand why the model looks so moody when she is wearing a Helmut Lang dress with friggin' pockets! I like how obvious the pockets are, because they hang slightly below the hem of the rest of the dress. That gives it character. You don't even need to wear a purse with this dress because the pockets are so huge (though you probably would, because you;re stylish like that)! Are pockets on a dress a legitimate thing to freak out over? Never mind, it's impossible to control myself anyways.

P.S.: Where the heck is everyone? No one comments on here anymore! It's like Planet of the Apes and I'm the only human, er, blog that's left on earth. It's lonely... Won't somebody keep me company?

8 comments:

Danielle said...

I haven't been getting any damn comments either, I think everyone's on vacation. Oh well, here's one for you - love that dress =D

Maddy said...

Pockets on dresses aren't what I'd call innovative. In fact, it's a very retro idea... most everyday skirts and dresses came with pockets in the twenties - fifties. Of course, when handled by Helmut Lang, a bepocketed dress takes on a very modern look.

Alexandra said...

I love the dress too!

Farren said...

ahh. no comments on my side either. hah. i love the helmut lang dress as well. i haven't really looked at their resort collection. i'm never big on resort collections either. whatevs. hah. i'd wear a purse with it -- because, you know i'm just stylish like that. haha. jk. :)

L. said...

Just when I was starting to get sick of all the smock dresses with pockets... Stupid designers, renewing my interest and lightening my wallet.

In regards to the no comments, some of the more prolific and regular commenters are either away and some have given up their blogs. The rest are just slack.

Bella said...

That dress is my love...i want it....so simply chic...

The Style Bard said...

Agree to the comment draught. Here's my favorite piece from the preview of Irregular Choice's apparel line, with the same pocket style!

http://style-bard.blogspot.com/2007/07/irregular-choice-apparel-yay.html#links

I love love love the IC brand. Bring it to the US (and Canada!) pleeease!

donna AND navaz said...

Loving your blog! Have a comment on us :)