Sunday, July 08, 2007

Life List



Last summer I had no clue what I wanted out of life, so I stumbled upon a list I made to clear things up. Looking back on it, it's poignant, honest and I'm almost proud of it. I'll divide the list into 2.

Things I wanted and achieved:
-A quilted handbag
-Classic Gap jeans
-To win more contests
-To at least advance to the Reach Provincials and kick some trivia ass
-Research Universities
-To increase the readership of my blog...Tell your friends!
-Motivation
-Love.

Things I Still Want:
-Christian Louboutin heels
-My next paycheque
-Perfect hair
-To read Conspicuous Consumption by Thorstein Veblen.
-More ELLEgirl
-To retain more of my "Word of the Day" e-mails
-For shoes to stop hurting my feet.
-To find less kinship in Trent Reznor's lyric on the Downward Spiral album
-More ska on my iFraud
-A more accomodating closet
-For Atlas Shrugged to have been as good as The Fountainhead.
-To take the step from vegetarian to vegan
-To have a tea party with Elsa Schiaparelli, Kate Moss, Vivienne Westwood, Patti Smith, Kate Bush and Kurt Cobain.
-Writing Skills
-More letters, less e-mail
-The Clash should still be making music
-To breathe life into romanticism
-A Le Tigre feminist dance party in my back yard
-That Beck wasn't a scientologist
-To finish writing my 'zine
-Attention
-World Peace

7 comments:

Danielle said...

If it helps any, I heard that Beck is also Jewish.

Did you like the ska-ish stuff I sent you?

This blog is your zine! Zines are dead =P

Can I come to your feminist dance party?

Lola said...

I would love more ELLEgirl. I miss it so much :(
I get Word of the Day emails too!

Maddy said...

Get on the whole "more letters" thing. The only person I can write letters to is my grampa because nobody else knows how. Not to say my grampa isn't an excellent pen pal, because he is, but it would be nice to have somebody else's name to write in the middle of the envelope.

AVLstyle said...

"-That Beck wasn't a scientologist"
i totally agree

also, zines aren't dead! i run a zine distro and i'm looking for more zine, you should email me if you're interested in having it distro'd

lindseyyy@gmail.com and we'll chat about it

Amy said...

I need to make a list like that! I wish i could write more letters and less email too.

Cool blog - I'm linking to you!
Amy
http://nycynicist.blogspot.com/

Shelby said...

I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and running around yelling "LA LA LA BECK ISNT A SCIENTOLOGIST AND HASN'T BEEN SUCKED IN BY THE ALLURE OF TOM CRUISE LA LA". Le Tigre, for the win!

Anonymous said...

i am right there with you on the atlas shrugged/fountainhead thing. makes me wish i could go back and read atlas first so the disappointment wouldn't be so great.