Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Mall Saga

I desperately needed black pants for work so out of desperate desperation, I went to the mall. I popped into Winners first. This pair of blingin' Vans (or "Punkyrose" if you actually read the label) had been there forever. I nearly passed them by, but I noticed they were on uber-sale for $13 so I picked them up.

You see, I've kind of admired Vans ever since I saw this random Myspace pic. I figured it's best to work a cheap pair into my style before I splurge $50 on a pair.

I found a pair of black skinny pants at Le Chateau that was originally $90, reduced to $30. That alone made me happy, but I tried them on and they actually fit. And, they came with a pair of skinny suspenders! (Detour to the Body Shop: bought a concealer pencil). Old Navy was next. I found another pair of black skinny pants that fit perfectly, so I bought those and ended up taking a nice brown sweater too. Here is a picture, though it is fairly indistinguishable because it's brown colour mixes so well with the navy of my Armani shirt.

I went to Chapters to read for a bit and discovered i-D magazine. Of course everyone in the fashion world knows about i-D, but I had only fleetingly browsed through it before instead of soaking up it's true ambience. I realized it featured everything I adore in it's Jeremy Scott/Devon Aoki issue.
1. Crazy fashion pics from Coachella Festival
2. Hollie Cook, the daughter of the Sex Pistols' Paul Cook
3. JEREMY FREAKIN' SCOTT!
4. Creep Marilyn Manson talking about his creepy relationship with Evan Rachel Wood
5. 'Zines
6. Gareth Pugh

Yep, that's all.

7 comments:

Shelby said...

Vans= shoe of CA. Therfore, I have like....four? pairs of them, haha. I have green plaid ones. woo. Marylin M + Evan = ugh. She's obviously acting out some post adolescent fantas of "hah MOM I"M REBELLING BY DATING THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS! HAHAHA! OH WAIT THATS OZZY OSBOURNE. I MEANT MARLLYN MANSON. YEAH, THE ONE WITH THE JANKY EYE."

Андрей said...

Hello!I found your blog on the search!I like your site it is very interesting. I have a blog too http://www.watch-fashion.com I would be happy to exchange links with you! I hope you will be interested. Waiting for your reply! Best regards, web@watch-fashion.com

Tru said...

lovely post as usual. I'm not sure how I'm suppose to do this but I'm deeming you a rocking girl blogger as well. its like an award or something that keeps getting passed around anyway it was given to me today and now I'm giving it to you. in order to display your status visit my blog and scroll down to the trophy case then save the award that says rocking girl blogger and upload it to your own blog.

l1zzy said...

i love your blog. you seem so down to earth and easy going. Your style seems amazing too! could you possibly check out my blog? http://theshangrila.blogspot.com/

thank you! :]

young.urban said...

wow, I need to check out that issue of i-D. It sounds amazinggg.

Stylefinder (Editor) said...

I had a pair of Punkyrose sneaks, with pinstripes and a skull print. They were cute but pretty poor quality, they fell apart and got holes in the bottoms within a month.

But I wore them every day and bought them for supercheap, so I suupose they were worth it!

donna AND navaz said...

Love your choices :)