Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Oh No!

I'm having a mad blogging dilemma. Why is my sidebar at the bottom of the page?? It looks so unprofessional and, well, noob-ish. Can anyone throw some html at me so I can attempt to fix the sidebar? It's breaking up the flow of the website.

A note on anti-consumerism: I just finished reading...
1. Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping by Judith Levine. The title pretty much explains the book. It's just an interesting look at what it is like to not partake in American Consumer Culture for one year.
2. Evasion by anonymous. It was a totally badass pro-trainhopping/dumpster-diving/shoplifting memoir from a straight-edge vegan perspective. That covers pretty much everything I admire in the world. I love this book to pieces, and you can download it in pdf format here.

Does anyone reading this like Uffie? She really confuses me. Her music is catchy but the lyrics are vomitous. I can't decide whether I should hate it's cheese factor or just file it under "guilty pleasures"...

8 comments:

Viva Las Divas said...

i love uffie!
shes's genius

brooke said...

looks like you got it fixed?

www.yourelookingood.blogspot.com

Hypnotic Romance said...

I'm put it in the "guilty pleasure" pile, along with Lady Sovergin and Murderdolls.
Or is that just me...

sara said...

Oh wow that does look kind of weird

sry never heard of Uffie, cool name though

Dilemma said...

I filed Uffie under 'guilty pleasure' when I saw a video of her life performance...let's just say it was not so pretty. But her sound is fun, which is always the most important thing to me.

The reason your sidebar is down there is probably because one of your pictures is too big so it pushes the sidebar down there to the bottom. A good picture resizing should do! You just need to figure out which one is causing the problem. If that doesn't work, then it may be this [href="http://bp1.blogger.com/_DGmjKsBO0aE/RpLTFwwaWVI/AAAAAAAAAX8/eT1Wrwgic6w/s1600-h/100_0418.jpg">] text after number four in your previous post because it kind of extends over into sidebar territory. Fixing that might work too.

young.urban said...

I guess I'm the only person, but I find her annoying and obnoxious...and not in a cute way...

my own personal opinion, though, of course.

SICK. said...

i like her stuff, but you're right the lyrics are particularly vulgar, and not even in a badass sort of way.
i say guilty pleasures.

don't do like me and put 'hot chick' as your myspace song...

fmg said...

crimethinc's a total joke in the anarchist community though, read some more about it or a bit of their other stuff.

i dunno if you realise it but jsut being able to live the straight (gendered not edge) white suburban dropout lifestyle is a HUGE choice and privilege in itself that a lot of people can't even think about.

yay for freeganism though! dunno where ya live exactly but there's probably food not bobs or similar you can plug into if so interested