Thursday, August 09, 2007

American Apparel, yo.

I went to American Apparel yesterday, and even though I couldn't afford any of it I ended up buying it anyways.
Purchase #1. This crazy gold pencil skirt. It's totally outrageous and slutty. I bet no one reading this actually likes it as anything more than a joke but it really looks awesome, I swear. I'll post some pictures of me working it in a non-astronaut way.


Purchase #2. Comfy black leggings that I don't feel the need to post a picture of.

Almost Purchase #3. An honourable mention goes out to this overall-esque concoction. It was so much fun to try on and wear, and looked cute too. But alas, I just didn't feel like spending $50 on them. Maybe next time, Dov Charney.


Has anyone heard the rumour that you have to get a full-length picture taken and approved by Dov Charney if you want to work at any American Apparel? Is this true? It doesn't sound too far fetched, seeing as everyone working there always seems to be HOT.

7 comments:

mary said...

i actually like that gold pencil skirt for some reason. i've just been really into pencil skirts lately. i think it would also be awesome in silver.

Lola said...

wow! very, umm, shiny. lol

seriously though, I would totally buy it.

Tru said...

I have no idea but small world I went shopping at american apparel yestreday too. luckily its an outlet though so things seems to be cheaper

Dilemma said...

I like it as more than a joke! It's fabulous and you're fabulous for buying it. How comfortable is it?

chew a horn! said...

Yes I applied at American Apparel and they wanted me on the 2nd round of interviews but I freaked out because they did take a headshot photo AND a full length photograph of me standing up. Yikes.

Kane said...

It's true. Once upon a time, Dov ran "casting calls" to hire the sales staff of each store personally.

Anonymous said...

haha. that is not true at all. i worked at American Apparel for two years, and I only saw dov once. I got hired by the district manager, and it wasn't that big of a deal. Perhaps, it is because they scouted me out at school and asked if I wanted to work at AA, but I never had one pic taken of me!