Monday, August 06, 2007

I'm pissed at you.

Has anyone seen those corny t-shirts that Bluenotes is selling right now? The ones with dove graphics and all sorts of text about peace, love and sustainability? They are really getting on my nerves. After all, one can only assume that they are printed on inorganic cotton which is polluting the world with it's overuse of pesticide on crops AND sweatshop labour from China/Malaysia/Bangladesh etc. was used to create them. Honestly Bluenotes, nice try but could you be any more hypocritical? I think not.

Sorry about the lack of pictures, I couldn't find any on the web.

P.S.: Stop freaking out about my post on neon rave shit. I believe I mentioned how it was a funny trend, meaning it is not meant to be taken seriously! I never said I liked it. The post was mainly about a band I like whose cover art looks kind of nu-rave. So seriously, shut up and stop bitching.

5 comments:

molly said...

ohh yes those drive me crazy as well
i think all bluenotes shirts should say
"BLUENOTES
(i am an uncreative tramp)"

S. said...

Re: Blue Notes T's, well said!

Maddy said...

Oh, god, I hate those kinda shirts WITH ALL OF MY HEART. Have you seen that brand that does those embroideries of doves and flowers and then captions the images with "Fuck You"? Those crack me up. What's that brand called anyways?

Maddy said...

Oh, and I do realize that the postscript is your passive-aggressive way of addressing me in particular for my comment on your X-Ray Specs post, as is removing me from your link list. Let it be known that I meant no harm. Sometimes things come out harsher through the computer than in person. I will continue to read and love your blog, although I do prefer to be contacted directly by those who are angry with me.

Chelsamajiggy said...

Okay, I might be the only one, but I love Bluenotes with all my heart.

It's my favourite store.

Yes, sometimes it comes out with some crappy graphic t-shirts, but then ... I don't buy them. They go away or get thrown in a clearance pile until someone else buys them.

Then a fresh batch of t-shirts pops up (Magically? Yes, I'm kind of in denial.) and all is well again for me, clothing-wise.

Anyway, I like your blog. It's pretty good.

Keep at it!
=)