Sunday, August 19, 2007

Leggings #1/1920s moment

The official first installment of my "Leggings Don't Have To Be Atrocious" blog series. This slouchy, grunge-inspired outfit is for a beach party. I look overdressed, yes, but it'll get cold after dark.

My grey star leggings, grey sack dress and loose navy cardigan are comfort and style incarnate when paired together. Oh, and I'm wearing navy Keds on my feet.

I think the reason why I like my bob haircut so much is because I'm inspired by the 1920s. I just love the smoke and rebellion of flapper girls. They cut their hair, disguised their figures and wore tons of make-up, much to Grandma's chagrin. After all, who cares about acting like a proper lady when you can have fun?

5 comments:

Maddy said...

My love for flappers is exactly why I was so pleased with Proenza Schouler when they debuted their fall collection. They did the art deco vertical silhouette better than anybody. I must agree that your bob is very flappery, although to go the extra mile I'd chop off another inch or two so you can see your ears a little- now, that is the fearless way to wear a cloche!

Farren said...

The 1920's definetely seem awesome. I'm not a 1920's kind of girl though. I admire them but I definetely do not have the type of body to pull that off. Besides the point though -- your hair is cute. And that outfit looked comfy.

Emma said...

I recently bought what I THOUGHT were purple tights at UO and only when I GOT HOME did I realize they were...
LEGGINGS.
I was pissed at first, but then I realized that they were pretty cute and with boots you couldn't even tell they didn't have feet.

Bella said...

I LOVE that blue sweater...its so cute...

L. said...

I love the slouchy look, that cardigan looks particularly nice, good pockets etc. I think that navy is an oft overlooked colour.

The 1920's was a super awesome decade. Bring back the dropped waist I say. I'm going to a 1920's party this week.