Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Clash


The idea of wearing a scuzzy t-shirt and classy pants has always intrigued me. In fact, I got a pair of wide-leg pinstripe pants and wide-leg glen plaid pants custom made for me last Christmas. I was planning on rocking them will all my band t-shirts, but it never looks good. Instead of looking like a nonchalant lady, I look like a fool because:
1. I'm wearing a baggy Bad Religion shirt with baggy pants.
2. Shoes. The outfit looks lame if I wear Converse and even more lame if I wear pointy black kitten heels.
3. Wide-leg pants are meant for Amazonian goddesses, not a petite girl of 5"5, like me.

The outfit is meant to confuse other people, but it just ends up confusing me. I would probably look much better if the pants AND the shirt weren't both so baggy. Dangnabbit, I seriously hate wide-leg pants. I don't care how cool they are. Well, that was my rant for the day. It just pisses me off how a Misshapes girl can look good in this and I can't. Perhaps it's only a matter of suspenders...

3 comments:

Bella said...

I'm 6 feet tall and wide leg pants dont even look good on me....who the freak looks good in them?! i swear its one of the mysteries of the world...

WendyB said...

I like your outfit. As for wide-leg pants, it depends on the cut and the person. Some do look good. I've had some for years. That's the thing, I like to have all different pants styles at once! I hate this "only skinny pants/only wide legs" thing. There should be lots of options for everyone.

Tru said...

don't worry just keep trying you'll eventually get the right combination