Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Day 1: School

The first day of school, always a trial. I've already graduated high school but figured I'd take a 5th year because that's what most confused, undecided teens do. It's kind of surreal. I have no credits to get, I have nothing to prove to anyone, I am purely there to relax for a year before I head on to University. Even though I have nothing to prove, I still tried to dress nicely. I wore my gray sack dress, purple tweed kitten heels and added charcoal gray ribbed tights to make it more autumn-appropriate.

Nothing was going on in the jewelery department, save for my Sid and Nancy earrings bought from Etsy. I doubt you can really see Sid Vicious clearly in the picture, but I assure you he is there.

I always thought that teenagers made a big effort to look good on the first day of school, but most people don't look as if they went shopping at all. I continue to swim in a sartorial sea of Hollister, American Eagle and Garage Jeans. I'm surprised my style hasn't suffocated amongst it.




P.S.: Isn't Ian Curtis (Joy Division) the dreamiest guy ever? It's such a shame he's dead.

7 comments:

miss *ann said...

ian is h.o.t.

Bojana said...

You are smokin hot with your hair. Love bobs.

Dilemma said...

I wish things like that looked as good on me. An extra A++ for the Sid and Nancy earrings!

Tru said...

awesome post as always

stupidcupcake said...

Really nice outfit!
- And yes I.C was really nice...

Carissa said...

That dress! Ahh, I love it. That whole outfit sounds excruciatingly hot.

donna AND navaz said...

A+++ for Ian Curtis! (Althought Barney from New Order was always my fave)
Navaz