Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Obligatory Fashion Week Post

The only collection from S/S 08 that has really caught my eye so far was Anna Sui. Spring is always filled with annoying pastels, so I applaud Anna for not falling for any of that crap. I love the "wacko woman goes to work" feel of it all. Especially the short, colourful wigs on all the models! This collections is just so much fun! Spring fashion should be about having fun with fashion, and not just about wearing white before labour day. That's lame.


I see Anna Sui is keeping in with this "New-Grave" trend everyone (including me) is talking about. Yes, long live bondage, coffins and the black electrical tape this dress was most likely constructed from.

This deranged prom dress is Marc Jacobs, not Anna Sui. Another demonstration on how goth can be glorious. Despite its lack of colour compared to Anna Sui, this dress is just as much fun as a barrel of monkeys too! (Barrel of monkeys? What the hell am I thinking?)

Unfortunately, everything else in the Marc Jacobs collection was really boring.
I'd better stop writing before I say anything about barrels of monkeys again. That could be dangerous.

2 comments:

buttonsandstars said...

Oooh, the second Anna Sui look is fabulous! Loving the belted knitwear...

Dilemma said...

I was going to blog about this collection too! Everyone was pitching a fit about the hair "distracting" from the clothes, but I absolutely loved it.