Thursday, September 13, 2007

Simple Shoes

I was really disenheartened when I saw a girl wearing a "Live Green, Support Your Earth" shirt that she got at Giant Tiger. The earth would've been so much better off if you hadn't bought that bloody shirt! I've already posted on my dislike of those shirts but today I'm offering an alternative. www.simpleshoes.com is a website where you can buy quality shoes and backpacks that are made of natural or reused materials. The shoes for sale aren't exactly Christian Louboutins, but they're far more stylish than orthopaedic shoes. In my opinion at least.

I think these Mary Janes are cute, the pattern reminds me of the Patrick Robinson for Target collection. The soles are made out of old tires, the lining is bamboo and the outer is cotton. For $85, I'm definitely putting them on my Christmas wishlist.

The backpack isn't so stylish, but it looks like a good blank canvas for customization. I'd love to get my hands on it and put pins and patches all over it. Since it has a cushioned inside for laptops, it would be a great buy for University-goers. Looks like this is going on my Christmas wishlist too!

Kate Moss and Irina Lazareanu wear moccasin boots...you should too! Even if they look bizarre in the picture. These boots are like Ikea furniture, because you have to assemble them yourself! Yes, they even come with an instructional video on how to sew them. Wicked. I already have moccasins, so these poor folk will not be included in my wishlist.

Is it too early to be making a Christmas wishlist?

P.S.: Just for fun, what I wore yesterday. It looked more stylish in person, swear.

8 comments:

Netchem said...

I really like ur outfit!!!=)

enna said...

I started my Christmas list in July...

Mallika said...

you rock that skinny jean like only a few can!

The Style Bard said...

Hey, don't wait too long! Simple has a big sale and Free Shipping right now (limited time on both).

http://style-bard-shoes.blogspot.com/2007/09/40-90-off-womens-simple-shoes-plus-free.html

Not pimping myself or anything, but hey, if I'm going to look up shoe deals all day, you might as well take advantage of my scouting and see what's going on in terms of shoe deals before you buy online.

Gina said...

awesome! and nice blog, i like it. although im not sure how stylish the shoes are.. though it is fab for the environment.... i tend to be a barefoot kinda gal in summer :)

buttonsandstars said...

Those shoes you're wearing in the picture are fabulous. They look amazing with your skinny jeans!

Fashion said...

shoes are nice....they are very light and fancy...i have to replace my old nike shoes and buy some new model

Gracie Claire said...

when I was in New York on my last vacation. Got the simple shoes. it’s a great combination of simplicity and fashion.