Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Oregon girl, I've been around the world.

There’s a lot to be said for cleaning out your school’s costume/props room. First of all, it’s filthy. There are clothes strewn all over floor and stuffed into every nook and cranny. The air is musty and most likely filled with poisonous mold spores. Half the clothes are ripped and dirty and either need to be thrown in the garbage or mended/dry cleaned. A few dresses are even wet, which is disturbing because there is no water in sight. You find bad ‘80s prom dresses, yellow pants with pineapples on them and ratty fur coats. Then you find this shirt, and promptly steal it.

But there's more! A vintage 100% cashmere cardigan which has a few moth holes in it but can be easily salvaged and an Aquatascum trenchcoat.

Oh yes, this was quite obviously me. And I quite obviously pinched the sailor t-shirt and cashmere sweater, but the Aquatascum trenchcoat was way to big for me so I left it where it was for some other fashionable person to find. I'm so happy that I'm not even going to complain about mold spore inhalation.

6 comments:

Emma said...

God, you are so cool. Sorry if that sounds gushy or stalk-y, but how can I be as cool as you? Please tell me.

Heather said...

what a sweater. I'm about to climb through the Internet vortex and burglarize it! our theater department had a costume sale recently, although I couldn't make it. My friend Michel picked up some bear claw mittens, two tie-dye half-shirts with fringe, a pink and purple floral poncho, red pants with yellow flowers, and a Sargent Pepper pirate coat.

molly said...

AMAZING FIND
youre so good at seeing potential in clothes
i wouldnt have looked twice at that shirt!

Se Armo La Gorda said...

Hi!
You're all invited to join our radio program in the web!

See you:
http://searmolagorda.blogspot.com

(The translation of "se armo la gorda" would be something like "the fat one armed herself". I know that it could sound kind of strange, but it's a common expression in spanish. It means that something really important, disturbing...is comming)

La Gorda

Tru said...

awesome

Dilemma said...

Aquasuctum trenchcoat? I hope there are things like that when I start going through my drama deparment's wardrobe in the winter. Somehow, I'm thinking that'll be a no.