Wednesday, October 03, 2007

An ode to Westwood

I could pout it in a poem or a song, but I find it most effective to just use plain English: I love Vivienne Westwood. Her S/S 08 may look frenzied, but it is calculated madness, organized chaos. She is taking the piss out of global civilization ever so cheekily.

Here she is insulting typical 9-5 office jobs by making the outfit as dishevelled and harried as the typical office worker usually is.

This outfit is harder to discern, but I'm pretty sure she's insulting hipsters here. The sunglasses? The 'vintage' tee? The 'American Apparel' tube socks? All signs point to yes.

Obviously insulting global militarist politics through the text on the dress and the army cap.

Finally, taking the piss out of glamour in a really sexy way.

That wasn't much of an ode, perhaps I should use a poem. I'll copy Daddy likey and use a high-fashion haiku.

Vivienne Westwood
Sid and Nancy are dead but
not inspiration.

1 comment:

Dilemma said...

High fashion haikus? Now that really makes me wish I was good at writing poetry.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who loved this! So many girls were dodging the collection saying it was 'sloppy' and 'not wearable' and I'm just sitting there thinking, 'isn't that the point?'