Sunday, October 14, 2007

Recent Thrift Haul

I had a pretty sweet thrift haul on Friday. I only got three things, but they were quality items.

1. royal blue Kente Public School t-shirt: This is not just some public school t-shirt I am wearing for irony's sake. I actually spent my entire bloody elementary school career there. It was awful, so I have no idea why I am commemorating this terrible school with a thrifted t-shirt. Brand me crazy...
2. D.A.R.E drug resistance t-shirt: Any indie kid worth their salt owns a D.A.R.E shirt. Now I do too.

3. I paid $3 for this vintage dress. It was obviously made for 1960s preppy conservative kids, but I am pretty much a master of taking clothing out of context. In a way, it also reminds me of a toned-down Harajuku girl, or even a grunge princess. Who cares what its supposed to be. Its really all what you do with it. My version involves legwarmers and converse...

7 comments:

The Happy Hippie said...

D.A.R.E. shirts are so hot. :] I wish I still had mine from when I was young. And that dress is fantastic.

stupidcupcake said...

I like your version of the dress outfit.

Eli said...

didnt you buy a dare shirt a long time ago? i think you did, and you forgot, i am now reminding you

Maddy said...

Fly dress. However, if I were you, I would take out the presumably flappy sailory neckline and make it a wide square. But then again, I always have to tweak things, whether over-trimming or sluttifying.

lalaliu said...

that dress is awesome.

Isabel said...

The neckline is a wide square...

Meg said...

bahaha. I own this erol tee http://youvemissedyesterday.net/._/gfx/2007-02/no_date/eroltshirt.jpg
which is modelled on the dare tee, which i love, almost as much as erol in person