Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Curtain Dresses

Autumn seems to have reawakened my love of all things lacy. Curtain dresses would be the perfect example. Remember the part in Gone With the Wind where Scarlett O'Hara makes a dress out of her curtain? It's like that, but way better because I didn't like that movie and have never attempted to read the book.

But anyhow, what I really mean to say is that I quite like lace minidresses a.k.a. curtain dresses as I am so fond of calling them. They are beautifully demonstrated here by Mary-Kate Olsen when she was still anorexic and...

...a random Misshapes-partygoer when Misshapes was still cool.

My prom dress was a lace minidress. I might just have to don it more casually this fall.

5 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I don't like Gone With The Wind either!

Lace mini dresses are wonderful though.

Heather said...

ah something lace with a huge cardigan and flat boots make up my currently unobtainable dream outfit!

SICK. said...

i love lace minidresses. there is one that is admirable [yet not anywhere near as much as mk's] at le chateau. but it's outrageously expensive for le chateau, bearing in mind that i NEVER shop there.

jh.

The Happy Hippie said...

Ha, I don't like Gone with the Wind either! (And here I thought I was the only girl on earth who didn't!) I do, however, LOVE lace minidresses. They're so sassy and classy. Oh, and maybe I'm alone in thinking so, but MK seemed more fabulous when she was anorexic, lol.

discothequechic said...

yes, a lovely look actually, I wouldn't have immediately thought so, but you've reminded me of that lacy dress that Ashley wore years ago to the Troy premiere. Crazy how much younger they both looked!

And the misshapes partygoer hit the nail on the head, perfect with a chanel handbag.