Tuesday, November 06, 2007

radio live transmission

I shall write this post in diary form, because I never do that and I had a pretty nice day, so it might be interesting. Nothing happened until 3rd period set design, which I frittered away on the computer. My friend was trying to track his long lost sister down by googling her, and he found her blog and her name mentioned numerous times in romantic linkage with the Black Crowes' lead singer Chris Robinson. This was bizarre because she's a pretty big Black Crowes fan and had a celebrity crush on him at least five years ago. This led to a mad search of celebrity gossip blogs, which didn't turn up anything conclusive but it was fun so I don't care. Then I walked for twenty minutes in the brisk November air to the bank, deposited a massive paycheque and then went thrifting. St. Vincent de Paul's was awesome as usual, and it turned up ridiculous things. I passed up a "Bob the Tomato" from VeggieTales sweater and a silver flashdance sweater too, but I did buy this lacy slip, perfect Italian-made vintage Oxford pumps (yes, I broke my shoe ban...)and a pinstripe suitvest. The first look was inspired by Liebemarlene vintage.

Finding the pinstripe vest was quite a coincidence, because my friend with the Black Crowes' sister was wearing one today. It looked great and I mentioned that the perfect navy pinstripe vest has always been on my thrift wishlist. Then an hour later the perfect one simply revealed itself to me. Destiny!

I still had time to kill, so I bought a coffee and then went to Giant Tiger to buy winter socks and found out they sell bad quality metallic leggings. Nothing against metallic leggings, but these were an awful discount American Apparel knockoff that noone should ever buy. Then I spent 15 minutes talking about the school Reach team on the bus and now I am at the computer typing this blog post.

That was my day, take it or leave it. I'll never do diary-style posts again. My life is simply too dull.

9 comments:

The Happy Hippie said...

You have far stronger will than I. There is NO way I could have put back a VeggieTales sweater.

Andrea said...

Reach is too cool, I miss it. Too bad UTSC has nothing of the sort.

Heather said...

sounds pretty interesting actually... I was thinking, wow, is your friend's sister Kate Hudson? but then I forgot they're divorced. Sad day.

Maddy said...

Those shoes are really cool.

missc said...

I love the first outfit. I would wear it with a navy cardigan, with the plaid shirt unbuttoned maybe.
Your life is much more interesting than mine. You should do more diary posts.

Rhiannon said...

Ooh, I love the slip and plaid shirt! That's a really good combination that you'd never expect.

Also I can't wait to find out what happens with your friend's long-lost sister and the Black Crowes. :)

Kate said...

Where is St. Vincent de Paul's? You always seem to find amazing finds there and I'm in great need of clothing!

lalaliu said...

broccoli, celerrryyy, got to be..
VEGGIE TALES!

im in the spirit of singing veggie tales now. Those are some great finds especially the shoes. and how can you ever have a ban on shoes!>? . I'm so thrift-deprived now that I'm begging my dad to take me thrifting this weekend when I FINALLY get to go home. I'm going on a thrift binge.

Carolyn Keene said...

i adore those shoes...