Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Rebel Girl

Most people who are into fashion tend to be anachronisms. I wonder how many girls reading this right now wish they came of age in the fabulous Fifties or swingin' Sixties? I myself would have been much happier being born fifteen years earlier so I could have been an early 1990s Riot Grrl in Olympia, Washington.


Kathleen Hanna is a freakin' goddess. I know this doesn't have much to do with fashion, and that the 1990s weren't even that fashionable to begin with but I have been listening to A LOT of Bikini Kill lately and can't get it out of my head. Revolution Girl Style Now!

7 comments:

Heather said...

yeaaaahhhh! I like Bikini Kill but I love Sleater-Kinney. Go riot grrrls, and not the Good Charlotte kind!

the iron chic said...

This has everything to do with fashion!
I think I would have been good in the 20's...

Moi said...

if you are into bikini kill and the whole riot grrrl thing you should really check out this book (if you havent already), 'Dance of Days: Two Decades of Punk in the Nation's Capital'. its sooo good. its not just about bands like bikini kill its about the whole DC punk movement and includes stuff about fugazi and minor threat and bad brains but there is a whole section on riot grrrl bands, including bikini kill. its a really good book, i really recommend it!

yoncto said...

i wish i was born about ... lets see... yeah, 15 or so years earlier, too, so i could enjoy the 90's properly. i only remember bad leggings, bad tv, bad fashion, and lisa frank. but then i learned about all the good bits like... bikini kill , yeah, and/or sonic youth. as of now, the 2000's are kinda pissing me off ;)

The Happy Hippie said...

Oh, I agree. I think my hippie heart would have been more content in the 60's.

Erica said...

Yesss Bikini Kill! I couldn't agree more =]

Although I think personally I'd like to be alive in either France in the 60s, or... Really just right now is good for me too.


ps. On your 'hipster affiliates' I see a link with my name on it but not to the right spot! All my computer says is it can't find the address so here it is - rightasrainx.blogspot.com
Thanks!

Heather Rose said...

awesome.