Sunday, December 23, 2007

DIY Daily Activities


The best way to combat holiday boredom is to:
1. Blog excessively.
2. DIY up a storm!

So far I've spent the day adding little heart patches to a scarf that I handknit, patching up holes in a secondhand cashmere sweater/adding lace to cover them up and adding this precious heart patch with my name on it to another very comfortable secondhand cardigan I own. I'm showing no signs of stopping either. DIY is so much fun!

In the interest of environmental sustainability, I suggest that everyone stops using kleenex and starts using handkerchiefs. It can be as simple as cutting up an old t-shirt or buying a classy, embroidered one. Not only are they eco-friendly, they are softer on your nose. It's a win-win situation. Do it. Remove your dependency on clear-cutting kleenex.

4 comments:

ariana said...

Oh, how funny! I knit scarves for many family members for Christmas, and sewed heart patches on each one!

And I'm glad you point out the benefits of handkerchiefs! I thought they were nerdy (as the only person I know who uses them is my dad) until this summer, when I realized how practical they are! Personally, I'm a fan of the girly, ornate, antiquey ones...

Soul Tanggg said...

thats really a good idea about the handkerchiefs. i never really thought about it like that.


....and they can be stylish, too.


thanks for the tip. :)

discothequechic said...

I'm having a post midnight creativity session, because that is when I am always at my most "inspired", listening to great music, and day (night) dreaming about the future, and you have added to this inspiration!

The heart is cute, I may snip the idea and tomorrow morning (well, today), wake up bright and early and sew one onto the end of my sleeve.

lovely.

a nod of respect for the eco-ness by the way.. my 2008 resolution?
Buy more second hand, rather than buying into more crap.

xx

donna AND navaz said...

Love this post!