Friday, December 21, 2007

I don't usually do surveys but...

How could I say no to the lovely Liebemarlene?

1. What’s the story behind the name of your blog and your nickname?
I started Hipster Musings in early 2006, when being a “hipster” was a relatively exciting term and people weren’t sick of the Klaxons. Shortly after, I started getting into the underground ‘hipster’ culture of beat poets, so it just fits. The only reason why most people discover this blog in the first place is because of its title, so ‘Hipster Musings’ continues served me well.

2. Why did you start blogging in the first place?
I had a lot to say, and was narcissistic enough to think that the general public cared.

3. What has been your best blogging related experience? What about the worst?
Best: Being featured in newspapers, I suppose. Just kidding, the best part was discovering that people around the world with exciting views on fashion are sharing them. Without my blog, I never would’ve discovered any other blogs. And believe me, I love blogs.

Worst: A lot of people hate me because I make harsh calls. Well, as they say, it’s a tough job but someone’s got to do it.

4. What do you think will happen to your blog in 2008?
I’m going to University, so posting will probably a lot more infrequent as of September ‘08.

2 comments:

Kate said...

i'm guessing that you're going into journalims? that's what i want to do. maybe. somethign to do with music.
i'm hopping ryerson likes me, but another part of me really wants to leave canada. hm.

Emmett Katherine said...

@ #3 worst, i would think a lot more people like you because you actually have something interesting to say...

I'm addicted to blogs. when i find a good one i like to start at the begining and make my way through the whole thing.
sooooo
pardon the many comments.