Saturday, December 01, 2007

Sea Wolf

I love it when thrift stores set up their own makeshift racks of Christmas clothing. They usually comprise of obnoxiously festive Christmas sweaters that nobody under 65 would be caught dead in or shoulder pad dresses from the 1980s that nobody would be caught dead wearing, period. I don't usually bother looking through them, but this time was different. Between the layers of puffy paint and crushed velvet, I found this $3 handmade wonder.


It sure beats paying $200 for last season's FCUK. Remember this shirtdress?


Also, check out my interview over at the Humane Recipe. Here's the specific link.

10 comments:

Emma said...

Oh my God that dress is so cool it's making my teeth hurt.

stupidcupcake said...

Cool dress. And I can sooo agree to the decribing of all the apparently X-mas-ish clothes that thrith stores seems to collect through the year, only for trying to seeling it in December month...

Maddy said...

I like the dress. Are you going to shorten it? That's what I would do. Of course, I have a tendency to sluttify my hemlines slightly. I can just never leave it at my knees.

Heather said...

You always find the best things in thrift stores!

molly said...

WOW thats a fantastic find!
its gorgeous, and for three dollars...unbelievable!

Andrea said...

This is almost the first sack-like dress I've liked on anybody. What a great find! Also, don't touch the length, it's perfect as is.

WendyB said...

Fantastic dress.

lalaliu said...

cute dress! Shoot..sea wolf was just performing at our school this week. lol

L. said...

You have such a great eye for what will work. I love the mixture of horizontal and vertical stripes. Heaps more interesting.

Kate said...

Kinda like the dress I'm wearing to my school formal!
ps- Pleeeease could you tell me what vintage stores you go to?! I'm pretty sure that we live in the same area and I need soemwhere new to shop!