Sunday, December 16, 2007

Surrender to the sweater


I crossed paths with an unexpected thrift find yesterday: this big blue sweater. It jumped out at me on the racks because I quite like the bright colour and the unidentified graphic design. Is it a white flag, the sign of surrender? Who knows. It reminds me of Marc by Marc Jacobs (from the days when Marc was still working his scruffy look) or something you might see on a Scandinavian style website. For the picture, I just couldn't resist matching my Converse to the sweater!

10 comments:

Stararah said...

Ooh, I like the sweater.
I keep looking for a colorful, geometric designed, chunky sweater like that.

the iron chic said...

Is it snowing there in Kingston?
Cause holy canolli you could put that sweater to use here in t-dot. You'd need some Sorels though.........

A Pinch of Pizazz said...

I love your sneaks!
The matchy-matchy look you have here is rockin!
:D!
Hyper-Cool!

buttonsandstars said...

Normally I wouldn't like the "matchy-matchy" of this, but I adore it in this case! You really suit this look.

Heather said...

The perfect combination of cute and comfortable!

the iron chic said...

Yeah, I thought the post was too personal for me after all. Who wants to hear of my loneliness. That is no fun...............

the iron chic said...

And oops. Why did I think you lived in Kingston?
Where did that come from?

Waverly said...

i wonder what type of person owned that before you. why would you give away such a fun sweater??

WendyB said...

Very '80s! Nice.

morgan said...

so...what types of thrift stores do you shop at to find such magnificent items!!!
lovely truly!