Thrifting is fun and all, but getting clothing for free beats a good thrift hunt any day. I volunteered at the school yard sale today and ended up with a grocery bag of trinkets for free! It was a pretty lucrative sale, but near the end of the day we decided to get rid of things by advertising them as "one bag for $1". This really got the welfare cases shaking in their (cheap, plastic) sandals. One woman was telling me about how she has six kids and she ended up paying around $20 for 3 boxes of clothes, one box of shoes and bags filled with various objects. I was glad that before this poor woman showed up I had already filled up a bag of exactly what I wanted.
1. Pink bandanna.
2. Black pashmina. I was wearing the pashmina and the bandanna all day just to keep warm. In fact, it was such a cold day that I dressed my friend Jeff in the ugliest things I could find for warmth. Twas fun.
3. Black knit scarf with gold flecks in it.
4. Black sweatshirt with a yellow picture of a dragon and the words "Dragon Squadron" on it.
5. Yellow t-shirt reading "Musketeer means air superiority". I have no clue what that means.
6. Royal blue fanny pack. I wrote "Suffragette City" on it in rainbow fabric paint and added a few buttons for originality and de-uglifying purposes.
7.Purple wallet made out of hemp.
8. Floaty linen dress.
Overall, I'd say that's a great deal of stuff for nothing. I may not be a Misshapes super-hipster, but I sure can shop like one.